Thursday, January 26, 2006

Spiritual Dehydration

Here lately the air has been so dry and everyone I know has had severe dry skin, myself included. I was thinking about dehydration and started reading about it trying to learn more about it. That is when the thought occured to me that we can become spiritually dehydrated. The bible refers to the Spirit of God as the rivers of living water. If we do not drink plenty of water we can become dehydrated and then we begin to experience the symptoms of dehydration. I found it very interesting from a spiritual point of view when I read about the symptoms of dehydration.

Here are a few of them I found. Think of these from a spiritual perspective instead of the natural perspective:

Increased thirst
Dry mouth and swollen tongue
Weakness
Dizziness
Palpitations (feeling that the heart is jumping or pounding)
Confusion
Sluggishness, even fainting
Inability to sweat

If you begin to feel these things in your spiritual walk with God you may be dehydrated. The only way to cure dehydration is to drink plenty of water. God's word tells us to draw water from the wells of salvation with joy.

Do you need a spiritaul drink to refresh you. When I was reading I found it interesting that water is the best thing to drink for your body. Coke, Pepsi, or anything else does not do what water will do for your body. Sometimes we want to drink alot of different stuff in life but there is only one thing that will cure you of spiritual dehydration and that is the Spirit of God.

No comments: